Our Sunday morning worship service is at 10:30 a.m.
We welcome people of all ages and backgrounds to worship with us! We worship in Hawaiian and English languages. Don’t worry if you don’t speak Hawaiian because our bulletin will lead you through our worship service and nearly everything is translated for you. Our worship services are designed to honor our traditions of the Hawaiian Islands and inspire you see God’s aloha in every part of your life and throughout the world.
Scroll to the bottom for directions to the church!
Changes and Guidelines during the Pandemic
- COVID-19 is a deadly coronavirus and highly contagious. Even though there have been very few cases on Kauai, it is almost certain that the virus will return to our island and quite possible that it may be here for weeks before we realize it is spreading among residents and visitors alike. Therefore, we intend to follow all of the recommended guidelines in order to assure the safety of everyone who visits our church.
- COVID-19 is spread by close contact. The most effective way to not spread the virus is by social distancing. Staying 6 feet or more from others has proven to be effective. Therefore, we have arranged the sanctuary in such a way that everyone can be at least 6 feet from those not of the same household. We have also arranged the patio area for seating. Finally, each Sunday we will set up Moore Hall as an overflow room so that you can watch our worship service with others (6 feet apart) live-streamed onto a large television screen.
- COVID-19 is spread by touch. Therefore, we are no longer using things that are touched by multiple people. Hymnals and fans have been removed from the seats. We will not be passing around offering plates or the microphone for people to share announcements, joys or concerns. We will not be shaking hands and hugging during the passing of peace. There will be no refreshments or meals. The kitchen will remain closed during this phase, except to access cleaning supplies and use the sinks for sanitation.
- COVID-19 is spread by breathing. It is spread even more when people forcefully push air from their lungs from such activities as singing, playing wind instruments, shouting or even talking loudly. Therefore, we will refrain from congregational singing, unison and responsive readings, public speaking for most people, and most vocal music.
Approach the sanctuary with a cloth face mask that completely covers your mouth and nose. Wait for instructions before removing your face mask once you are in the sanctuary.
Remain at least 6 feet from others who are not from your household.
You will be asked to affirm that you are healthy & have no symptoms of COVID-19.
- Your temperature will be taken by a doctor, nurse, pharmacist or other health professional before entering the sanctuary (with a “no touch” thermometer).
- An usher will assist you in finding a seat.
- Once you are seated, please remain in your seat.
- Do not plan to make any verbal announcements.
- Offer joys and concerns for our prayer time by writing them down on a prayer card and dropping off the card as you enter.
- Drop off your offering in an offering bowl as you enter or leave the sanctuary.
- Children are asked to sit with their families. There will be no Sunday school at the church until further notice.
- Children are not allowed to use playground equipment or play games with others where physical contact is involved.
- Please stay home if you are sick, if you have a fever or any other symptoms of COVID-19, or have had any known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days.
A Scent-free Environment
We have members, friends, and a kahu who are highly allergic to various scents, often resulting in coughing, sneezing, difficulty breathing and speaking, as well as other symptoms. Heavy perfumes and colognes are particularly troublesome. We are requesting that our church be, as much as possible, a “scent-free” environment during worship services, social activities and meetings. We realize that there is no way to keep all scents away, and we plan to continue having fresh flower arrangements each week and lei for special occasions, but we do ask everyone to be sensitive to the needs of those around them when it comes to perfumes, colognes and lotions.
NOTE: Choir rehearsals have been suspended until further notice.